Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Changes Afoot

This last weekend we moved all our worldly possessions from one house to another. Our house deal is almost wrapped up, and we are happily making a return to renting. Quite unfortunately though, our search for a new home pretty much came down to being homeless or keeping Duncan, and we had to opt to not be homeless. 

Fortunately, my parents (being both dog lovers and a constant source of support) have taken him in, and hope to find him a loving home. While I know that he is in a familiar place and probably very much enjoying being part of a dog pack, I feel pretty terrible. Taking in an animal is certainly a commitment, and one I feel like we've reneged. 

Though he is certainly a quirky fellow, I've grown to love and appreciate Duncan. He came to us needing a home, and I'd like to think we were able to give him a very nice one as long as we could. I'll miss his companionship and love for Henry, and I'll always be grateful for the part he played in my physical recovery from Henry's arrival. 

Anyways, I apologize for the melodramatic post-- I hope to be back sometime soon with some happier thoughts and happenings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment