I took this picture of Henry last night because he just looked so cute and grown up sitting in the lawn chair. Looking at the picture now I realize that he also looked very tired. Naps have recently become a bit of a battle and occasionally they just don't happen. Honestly I think it's harder on me than it is on him... he never seems too much worse for the wear. The recent nap battling is one of the reasons my blog has been so quiet, but I realized that I never did my (super official) six month update, so I wanted to pop in and share a few things about this guy, if for nothing else but my own memory.
1. He crawls! It's more of an army crawl still, but if he wants to get somewhere (e.g. to something shiny) he certainly will.
2. He's become much more independent recently, and I can plop him in his (never slept in) crib to play with toys for 10-15 minutes here and there while I furiously try to accomplish something like sweeping all the baby puffs out of every nook and cranny.
3. He has this super sweet beaming smile he does where he squishes his head into his shoulders and gives you a huge grin. It's probably the cutest thing ever.
4. I'm predicting that his first word will be "Duncan." He finds the dude SO interesting and thankfully Duncan has been a total gentlemen about all the yanking.
5. He's been playing with a lot of new sounds lately. Working on them phonemes!
6. We introduced solid foods around five months when he started ripping food out of our hands (like mother, like son). He wouldn't let us feed him baby food, so he's been feeding himself from the get-go. Recently, he's gotten quite a bit better at actually getting the food into his mouth and it is so fun to see him enjoy foods like avocado and toast and cucumbers.
7. He laughs harder with (at?!) Matt than with anyone else.