Personally, I am 99.99999% less likely to complain about the weather if there are treats involved. It is possible that I am a slave to my stomach, but it is also completely possible that I have achieved enlightenment.
According to my "impartial" reviewer (Matt), these are "amazing." Who knows, but here is the recipe just in case...
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar (I used half white and half brown)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1+ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In separate bowl mix together the baking flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips. DO NOT OVERSTIR. Ever.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
On a different note, my family lost an important canine member last weekend. Robert was a gentleman and a scholar. I will miss him.