Thursday, January 24, 2013

Two Seven

Tuesday was my 27th birthday. I don't have much to say about turning 27... it's 27? Three away from 30? Kind of old, but kind of young? 

Nevertheless, We celebrated on Monday by taking a long walk on the Stillaguamish River with some friends. It was foggy and cold, but still lovely. Also, the Honeyboy snoozed for the whole 2.5 hours we walked-- a Martin Luther King Day miracle!




After the walk we ate lunch at an excellent Lord of the Rings themed vegetarian restaurant that featured options like "Bilbos Breakfast Burrito." Now I wish all restaurants were LOTR (or Star Wars) themed.  




We ended the day at our temporary yurt home (more on that soon), with some ice cream. Not just any old ice cream either-- an $11 pint! I'd wanted to try this since I spotted it months ago. I figured if one pint costs $11, it must be amazing... and the expensive equals better logic rarely fails me (e.g. wool socks).  

What better event than an anti-climatic 27th birthday for an $11 pint of ice cream? 


The verdict? Very, very delicious, but not too much more delicious than the $4 pints, and still $11. So...maybe we'll have it again when I turn 28?

No comments:

Post a Comment