Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Two Months Old!

Henry is two months old today! Yay!

Part of me can't believe he's only been with us for two months-- something about sleep depravation makes time feel very, very slow. That said, these two months have also flown by... life with a baby is dynamic, and he seems to grow and change every day. He's a real smiler these days, which is just fantastic (and I have a feeling he will be as handsome as his Papa).

Though it is starting to sink in, I've had a hard time conceptualizing myself as a mother these last couple months. I don't know if it makes sense, but it's a fact that I simultaneously can barely wrap my mind around, and yet know to be the truest thing of all. While the new role has been a major adjustment for me I know that we (three) belong to and with each other. 

Anyways, enough with the touchy-feely, and a little more about Henry:

Height: No idea, but he's going to be tall.

Weight: 12+ pounds... he gets an official weigh-in on Monday at the doctor's, but Matt put him on a produce scale at the grocery store last week and we got a rough estimate.

Eye Color: Still blue.

Hair: Dark, but old mannish-- thinning on top. 

Appetite: Excellent. Would you expect any less?

Special Talents: Being smiley and cute, evading sleep, and attracting chatty strangers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment