Friday, March 29, 2013

March


I apologize for the long silence in this space. I guess March kind of got away from me (I'll quickly fill you in-- it was rainy), but it's winding down and it certainly feels like spring is coming.

Somehow I doubt I'm known for being any sort of great optimist. There are really only so many times you can be compared to Daria without taking a hint, but I do mean it when I say I am really looking forward to the new season. Don't get me wrong-- the last several months have been uniquely sweet, but I am very much enjoying the shift we are currently experiencing.

This last weekend we took a one-night family trip to the big city. After anticipating every worst-case scenario for our little traveler everything went off without a hitch. Honestly, it was a big relief, and hopefully a good omen for adventures to come.

I've learned a lot about change and transition in the last several months. My thoughts are a bit difficult to sum up without sounding like an asshole, but I will say that I hope I'll be better at going with the flow in the future-- change is a process, and not a seamless one.

I know there are certainly many challenges to come (and many we are currently sorting out), but recently I feel like we're reaching the other side of our big transition. We are beginning to establish a nice rhythm as a family of three.

I've have so much to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to. Maybe there is something to this optimism thing?

Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment