Monday, January 23, 2012

26 Years

Yesterday I turned 26, which as my brother assured me, "Statistically, makes you more likely to make it to 27," and as my old/older friend Drew explained (from 26), "It is all downhill." Not a particularly climactic birthday, eh?

Nonetheless, I celebrated in style... well at least my favorite kind of style: good food and a long walk.

Matt, turned gourmet chef, made me orange-cinnamon french toast for breakfast, and an amazing pan of dark-chocolate brownies for dessert.  Both were delicious!

The best french toast and brownies EVER.

After our morning meal, we braved the elements and went for a very long walk/hike that took us along a raging creek, up into the woods, onto snow and ice, through the rain and wind, and finally to some beer, salad rolls, and red curry!

The raging creek.


Woods and "the view."

The icy road home. Red Curry and beer: not pictured. 

We returned wet, tired, and prepared to demolish some brownies and ice cream. As it turns out, I am my father's daughter, and ended my birthday at precisely 10 p.m..  It's good to be old. 

I really appreciate all the well wishes I received from friends/family over the last couple days-- thanks!  I had a truly lovely birthday, and am very much looking forward to the year ahead (perhaps there will even be some upward slopes along the downhill!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment