Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blackberry Pie

My first pie! Blackberries are bountiful pretty much everywhere right now, and we have taken full advantage of the free, plentiful, delicious food. 


My first foray into the science of pie baking went pretty well (probably thanks to the all butter crust). I used this crust recipe, and based the filling loosely on this recipe. 


I learned a few things about pies in the process, like that the bottom crust of a pie needs a brush of egg to not get soggy (I backpedaled to this step after filling the pie-- not recommended), 


We ate some pie with vanilla ice cream about half an hour it came out of the oven. Though the pie later congealed nicely, breaking it open while still warm caused a lot of the liquids to release.  


Disappearing pie... 

No comments:

Post a Comment